Portland Brewing Co. to Host Smoked Beer Brew Fest benefitting National Fallen Firefighters Foundation: Family-friendly event features smoked beers, local vendors & kid’s activities
When: Saturday, July 13 from 12:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Where: Portland Brewing Co., 2730 NW 31st Avenue, Portland, OR (event will be held outdoors adjacent to the brewery)
What: Portland Brewing Co. is partnering with local brewers and vendors to host a celebration of smoked-style beers on July 13 benefitting the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. Many of the participating craft breweries have volunteer firefighters on staff, so this cause is very dear to the brewing community. The event is free to attend and family-friendly.
· Smoked Beers from Local Brewers
· Local vendors – including a Smoked Beer Ice Cream from Scoop PDX
· Food trucks
· Live music from Portland’s Brian Odell Band
· Kid’s activities
· Dunk tank
· Vintage fire truck
Confirmed Breweries/Smoked Beer:
· Old Town Brewing – Smoked IRIA
· Base Camp Brewing Company – Rauch the Boat Rauchbier
· Burnside Brewing – Collaboration with Portland Brewing Co.
· Portland Brewing Co. – Noble Scot
· Hopworks Urban Brewery – “Bacon-ator” Smoked Weizen Beer with house-smoked organic malts over hazelnut and bacon added
· Laurelwood Brewery – Beer TBD
Each brewery will be serving a second, limited release beer as well.
Beer Tasting Tickets: Can be purchased in advance for $20 at www.PDXSmokedBrewFest.eventbrite.com and include a “Smoked Beer Brew Fest” glass. Tickets may also be purchased at the event, but will not include the glassware.
For complete event details, visit www.facebook.com/events/319298608204416