Oregon craft breweries won 14 medals during the recent Great American Beer Festival in Denver, with repeat winners joining first time medalists on the stage at the Bellco Theatre at the Colorado Convention Center.
Oregon medalists include:
• Gold – Boneyard Beer, Bend – Diablo Rojo – American-Style Amber/Red Ale
• Gold – Breakside Brewery, Portland – What Rough Beast – or Hazy Strong Pale Ale
• Gold – Ferment Pale Ale – Ferment Brewing Co., Hood River – English-Style or International-Style Pale Ale
• Gold – Von Ebert Brewing, Portland – Obeisance – Specialty Saison
• Silver – Old Town Brewing, Portland – Shanghai’d IPA – English-Style India Pale Ale
• Bronze – Alesong Brewing & Blending, Eugene – Señor Rhino – Wood- and Barrel-Aged Strong Stout
• Bronze – Barley Brown’s Beer, Bakery City – Turmoil American-Style Black Ale
• Bronze – Breakside Brewery, Portland – Woodlawn Pale Ale – American-Style Pale Ale
• Bronze – Breakside Brewery, Portland – Wentworth by the Sea – English-Style Summer Ale
• Bronze – Evasion Brewing, McMinnville – Grandpa’s Nap – Gluten-Free Beer
• Bronze – Migration Brewing Co., Portland – Cannon Ball – Double Hoppy Red Ale
• Bronze – Migration Brewing Co. – Mo-Haze-Ic – Portland – Juicy or Hazy Pale Ale
• Bronze – Public Coast Brewing Co., Cannon Beach – Willie Big Dog – Collaboration (with Big Dog’s Brewing Co., Las Vegas)
• Bronze – Wayfinder Beer, Portland – Wayfinder Hell – Munich-Style Helles
In the 33rd edition of the GABF competition, 9,497 entries were submitted to the general competition, along with 113 Pro-Am and 70 Collaboration entries. The beer was made by 2,295 breweries from across the nation, with entries from all 50 states plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Judging took place over the course of three days, with an international panel of 322 judges from 18 countries.
“This year’s GABF competition was the largest and most competitive to date,” said Chris Swersey, competition manager, Great American Beer Festival. “The beers and talent were as impressive as ever, and I’m thrilled to congratulate this year’s winners for their achievements in brewing.”
For more GABF competition information, including the 2019 winners list and photos, visit GreatAmericanBeerFestival.com.