Mole Poblano from Cha Cha Cha
Pair this Mole Poblano with a Session Black Lager from Full Sail.
Yield: Approximately 4 cups
3 Chiles Mulatos (toast in oven for 6 minutes)
2 Chiles Pasillas (toast in oven for 6 minutes)
2 Chiles Anchos (toast in oven for 6 minutes)
1/2 Chipotle peppers (optional if you want it a little spicy)
1 Plantain (fried in vegetable oil)
6 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
1 onion (chopped fine)
1/2 stick Mexican Cinnamon (ground)
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup roasted separately almonds (ground)
1/4 cup roasted separately peanuts (ground)
1/8 cup ground cloves
1 ounce bittersweet Mexican Chocolate chopped coarse
2 table spoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted separately.
1/4 cup ground coriander
2 cups of chicken broth
1. Place oven rack in middle position and preheat to (350) degrees.
2. Place all chile peppers and garlic in on sheet, toast for 6 minutes until fragrant.
3. Remove chiles and let them cool, remove seeds and stems and chopped them into 1/4 inch pieces.
4. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat, add garlic and onions until soft. Then add all the toasted peppers, coriander, cloves, cinnamon and chocolate. (Make sure you stir constantly until chocolate melts).
5. Add to skillet chicken broth, raisins, almonds, peanuts and sesame seeds. Stir for about 15 minutes until sauce is thick.
6. Place everything from skillet in a blender or food processor and blend well.
7. Place sauce back in the skillet and stir for another 8 minutes, season with brown sugar or salt.