The Little Woody Barrel-Aged Beer, Cider and Whiskey Festival Hits Eugene October 21-22, 2016
Popular Northwest beer festival born in Bend travels to Eugene for first annual festival of tastings, live music and speaker series at the contemporary Venue 252
Celebrate craft wood-aged beers, ciders and whiskey from across the northwest during the first annual Little Woody festival in Eugene, Ore. October 21-22 at Venue 252. More than 20 breweries and cideries will pour unique, barrel-aged brews, along with small-batch American rye whiskeys and bourbons. In attendance will be several local Eugene favorites including McKenzie Brewing, Claim 52 Brewing, Alesong Brewing and WildCraft Cider Works.
“We are excited to launch the Little Woody series in Eugene,” said Aaron Switzer, owner of Lay It Out Events, the festival’s producer. “This event is unlike any other in the region. If you love beer, you need to check out the Little Woody. The opportunity to taste so many small batch, barrel-aged brews, you just won’t find it anywhere else.”
Barrel-aged Beers & Ciders:
Wolf Tree Brewery
Lagunitas Brewing Company
Claim 52 Brewing
Bend Brewing Company
Pelican Brewing Company
Hop Valley Brewing Co.
Atlas Cider Co.
Wild Ride Brewing
Full Sail Brewing Co.
Tumalo Cider Co.
Fort George Brewing
Alesong Brewing & Blending
Plank Town Brewing Company
WildCraft Cider Works
Whiskeys & Bourbons
Crater Lake Spirits and many more! Look for announcements coming soon about our American Rye Whiskeys, all producer-made and aged 2 years or longer.
Little Woody Speaker Series Highlights, Saturday Oct. 22:
NEW! Attention beer geeks, think you know all there is to know about beer? Think again! Unique to the Eugene event will be the Little Woody Speaker Series. Bringing together taste, entertainment, and education, the Speaker Series will highlight the knowledge of several renowned experts in the field of brewing. Hear from leaders at Indie Hops, Lagunitas Brewing, Deschutes Brewery, Ninkasi Brewing, WildCraft Cider Works, and Oregon State University, as they explore interesting topics specific to barrel-aged beer.
- 1pm: WildCraft Cider Works Owner & Founder Sean Kelly: “Cider Craft” -Cider is so much more than a beverage. It’s a product of stewardship and community relationships. It’s also a reflection of the landscape. This ‘learn and tour’ segment – including a tour of the WildCraft Cidery – will have you craving wild fruits!
- 2pm: TBD
- 3pm: Deschutes Brewing Barrel Master Ryan Schmeige: “How To Put the Wood in Woody” – Bet you didn’t know that Barrel Master was a thing? It’s an art from start to finish. Learn all about the skill that is at the flavor heart of your most pleasurable beers.
- 4pm: Oregon State University Professor Dr. Patrick Hayes: “Barley the Base of Beer from Genes to Glass” – Have you ever met a barley enthusiast? Not like this one! Dr. Hayes is the expert on barley and his love for and knowledge of the grain knows no bounds.
- 5pm: Ninkasi Brewing Co-Founder and Brewer Jamie Floyd: “The Ninkasi Space Program” & Beer Sampling – Yeast has more power than any of us really know. Ninkasi went about proving this by launching one of the coolest beer-related experiments ever.
- 6pm Lagunitas Brewing, Don Chartier: “Volcano Hops & Nonprofit Spaces” – Have you ever vaporized a hop? Yeah, neither have we, which is why we cannot wait to see and smell the aromas from Lagunitas’ live “Volcano Hop” demonstration. Don will also discuss the brewery’s important relationships with the community and nonprofit organizations.
- 7pm Live music on Friday and Saturday. On stage Friday will be The Brothers Reed, a folk music duo, and on Saturday, Eugene’s Hank Shreve Band.
The Little Woody Eugene will be open on Friday, October 21 5pm (VIP entry begins at 4pm) and Saturday, October 22, from noon-10pm.
Tickets are now on sale online. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the door.
Ticket & Tasting Prices
- Basic Entry: $15 at the door ($12 in advance) includes entry and a commemorative tasting glass
- Tasting Package: $20 ($15 in advance) includes entry, a commemorative tasting glass and 6 tasting tokens.
- VIP Tasting Package: $35 ($30 in advance) includes a t-shirt, special VIP glass and 8 tasting tokens, plus early Friday entry (4pm on).
Tokens: $1 each when purchased individually. Tastes cost 1-4 tokens each. Beer and cider tastes are 4 ounces; whiskey tastes are 1.5 ounce (smaller whiskey samples are also available).
The Little Woody Eugene is sponsored by Bigfoot Beverages, Seven Feathers Resort, World Class Rock 101.5 FM, KPNW News Radio, Crater Lake Spirits, Atlas Cider Co., and Eugene Weekly. For more information and tasting updates, visit www.littlewoodyeugene.com
The Little Woody is a 21 and over event.
About The Little Woody Series
The adventure began in Bend, Oregon with the original Little Woody and continues to spread. The festival is based on the enthusiasm and excitement for small batch wood-aged beers, and the other clever concoctions that local and regional brewers dream of. Whiskey tasting and cider experiments are never far from a gnomes elbow. The event has now spread across the Northwest to Medford and Eugene delivering the cheer of great brews, spirits and of course, gnomes.
About Lay It Out Events
Lay It Out Events is Central Oregon’s premier event company, offering the best
In consultation, design and implementation. Lay It Out Events produces more than twenty festivals, races, and contract events each year, including Oregon WinterFest, the Bite of Bend, Balloons Over Bend, the Deschutes Dash, the Happy Girls Run, the Little Woody and the National Beard and Moustache Championships. Committed to giving back to the community, Lay It Out Events donates a portion of each event’s proceeds to charity. Through our beneficiaries, we raise awareness and much-needed funds for vital nonprofit groups across the Northwest. As a result, we have given well over $150,000 to local charities over the past 10 years. For more information, visit www.layitoutevents.com