In December 2011 we unlocked our doors, feeling uncertain how many people would actually show up to our humble little brewery. Just about 3 years later we are still proudly making beer, a few of which have won awards at World Beer Cup and GABF, all the while scrupulously scanning over blueprints for our new building on SE Belmont.
These past few years have taught us a lot and have also brought us new friends. On December 6th, we hope you can join us to celebrate the last 3 years, from the great beers to the bruised backs, and wish us all many more. Our taplist will be a mix of a few favorites from the cellar, a few debut beers (including a special Imperial Stout made specifically for this event) and some sessionable mainstays.
Commons Brewery 3rd Anniversary
@ Commons Brewery Tasting Room
Saturday, Dec 6th, 2-9 PM
1810 SE 10th, Unit E
1. Urban Farmhouse – Our flagship saison has been on tap 1 everyday the brewery has been open for business.
2. Buckwheat Grissette – Belgian table beer with Buckwheat and Brettanomyces.
3. Trillium – Blended farmhouse ale aged in Pinot Noir barrels with Brettanomyces Bruxellensis, Brettanomyces Lambicus and house grown cultures.
4. 3rd Anniversary Stout – Imperial Stout featuring 10 different malts aged in Bourbon barrels previously containing Bourbon Little Brother and Brotherly Love.
5. 2014 Bourbon Little Brother – Sneak preview of our popular winter bottle seasonal. Belgian Dark Strong Ale partially aged in Bourbon barrels.
6. 2014 Maybelle – Farmhouse ale aged in wine barrels with BSI’s Brettanomyces Bruxellensis variant Drei.
7. Putin from the Wood – Baltic Porter aged in Bourbon barrels.
8. Pils – Because everyone needs a pilsner. Northern German Style with Perle and Spalt hops.
Gin Enkel – This just might, possibly, maybe be the last keg of one of our most popular beers. Belgian table beer with spelt and rye aged in fresh Old Tom Gin barrels with apricots.
Dark Czar – one off Baltic Porter / Imperial Stout blend with Stumptown Guatemala Finca el Injerto coffee and vanilla beans.