Office Manager/Executive Assistant at Silver Moon Brewing Co.
The Office Manager/Executive Assistant will perform administrative and daily functions in a professional, competent and confidential manner as assigned by the President. This is the perfect position for a seasoned professional seeking a hands-on position that will have an immediate and consistent impact on the organization. The individual in the position of Office Manager/Executive Assistant will complete tasks in the areas of payroll, accounts payable, billing of customers, ERP management and support of the brewery operations, excise tax filings and other responsibilities assigned by the President.
VIEW FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Brewing Position for PINTS Brewing Company & Zoiglhaus Brewing Company
PINTS Brewing Company, the award-winning 3.5 bbl brewpub in Old Town, Portland, and Zoiglhaus Brewing Company, Portland’s premiere German-style brewery operating in the Lents Neighborhood in SE Portland, have been enjoying significant growth over the last few years. With annual production moving past 2,000 bbl per year, we are looking for the right person to join our team. This will be a full-time position with benefits. The Brewer will work with the existing brewing team to craft a variety of high-quality ales and lagers at both facilities.
Position Description: Brewer
Reports to: Alan Taylor, Brewmaster, Director of Brewing Operations
A qualified candidate must be able to perform each essential duty successfully. The following requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this position.
Specific Duties Include:
– Support company values
– Brewery operations: Wort production, cellaring, yeast management, inventory management, kegging, contact for distribution, maintaining equipment and brewery in safe and clean condition at all times
– Assist in staff training on beer styles and special beers
– Travel and attend tradeshows, fairs, and other events as required
– Complete paperwork accurately and quickly
– Provide outstanding customer service, both with colleagues, vendors, and outside customers
– Meet company policy requirements regarding attendance and appropriate behavior in the workplace
– Other duties as assigned throughout the breweries. Brewer will assist other departments as needed to accomplish organizational goals and overall company vision
– 2-3 years prior professional brewing experience and/or formal brewing education
– Preferred: Fermentation/Brewing degree or certificate from an accredited college.
– Proven production of consistent, high-quality craft beers.
– Able to work independently without supervision.
– Pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
– Work closely with management, kitchen and wait staff to foster an excellent work environment.
– Good organizational and communication skills
– Safe chemical handling and knowledge of proper usage of PPE
– Mechanical aptitude is desired
– Good documentation skills, including data entry, and Microsoft Excel
– Must be able to work flexible shifts with varying hours, up to and including weekends and holidays
– Ability to safely lift up to 55 lbs on a repetitive basis, carry (with another staff member) 165 lbs up or down one flight of stairs on a regular basis, remain standing for multiple hours at a time
-Must have a valid driver’s license
PINTS Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Wage is commensurate with education and experience. This position is eligible for paid vacation, medical & dental insurance, and participation in the company 401(k) plan
PINTS Brewing and Zoiglhaus Brewing are an equal opportunity employer.
Interested parties, please submit a cover a letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.