Oregon Craft Beer Facts – Updated 01/31/2015
Final number for breweries in Oregon for 2014 as on 12/31/2014
179 Brewing Companies
71 Cities Across Oregon
22 in Bend
29 in Central Oregon
12 in Eugene
12 in Eastern Oregon
5 in Hood River
10 Mt. Hood/The Gorge
58 in Portland
83 in the Portland Metro Area
28 in Southern Oregon/The Coast
19 on The Coast/North
40 in the Willamette Valley
• Oregon’s brewing companies employ 6600+ full and part-time employees-up 200+ jobs over 2012.
• Total economic impact from the beer industry is $2.83 billion for Oregon’s economy+employs 29,000 people
• Oregonians consumed 2.803 million barrels of beer in 2013, of that more than 18 percent or 507,500 barrels of the total beer consumed in Oregon, was made in Oregon. US craft beer consumption is 7.8 percent by volume.
• Oregon’s brewers made 1.400 million barrels of beer in 2013 up 8% over 2012
• It’s estimated that 53% Percent of all draft beer consumed in Oregon is brewed in Oregon.
• There are currently 58 breweries in Portland, 84 in the Portland metro area, 23 in Bend and 31 in Central Oregon and 14 in Eugene.
• Portland currently has the most breweries of any city in the world.
• Hood River has 4 breweries in its city limits and 5 that have a Hood River address-that’s 1 per every 1458 people, if there’s another city in the world that has at least 4 breweries and more per capita – drop us a line and let us know.
• Portland continues to lead the US for % of dollars spent on craft beer with a 36.6% share for Q-4 2013 and for Q-1 w/e 03/30/2014-the Portland market recorded a 38.69% share per IRi Worldwide. Craft Beer has been the largest category for dollars spent on beer in Grocery Stores continuously in the Portland market since October, 2010.